- whole grain bread with rosemary infused olive oil
- lentil samosas with tamarind chutney
- lots of cut of veggies and three different hummus selections
- spicy tempeh nori rolls and soy sauce (Veganomicon)
- fresh salad rolls and peanut sauce (Vegan with a Vengeance inspired)
- sweet potato fries and ketchup
- tortilla chips and two kinds of salsa (tomato and a white bean and corn)
- vietnamese seitan baguette with savory broth dip
- Warm peppermint chocolate soymilk (for dipping our cookies in)
- orange chocolate biscotti (Veganomicon)
- shortbread cookies
It was truly amazing. I was very impressed with how easily everything came together. Isa and Terry have an incredible ability to combine delicious flavours in a way that delights palates young and old. We had people enjoying the dinner from ages 2 to 52. I know many people online have already openly admitted their infatuation with Veganomicon. I have to echo that this recipe collection provides a great foundation for any vegan’s kitchen repertoire.
By the way, we also had brunch that day. It included a lot of fruit. You can see I got all fancy with the skewers. We made banana pancakes from Vive le Vegan. That recipe is a staple in my house. It is very quick to prepare and uses ingredients that I always seem to have on hand. I like to play Jack Johnson’s ‘Banana Pancakes’ in the background while I indulge. To top it all off we made chocolate brownie waffles from Veganomicon. I wish I could tell you that they were delightful-melt in your mouth-delicious. But, I did not get a chance to try even a bite as they were scarfed down pretty fast.