I don’t think I’ve created and posted a recipe in such a short time ever before. I was lying in bed, praying that my sinuses would clear up before my 13 hour flight next week, and the idea for this cranberry tart hit me. I’m hoping that plating this treat it is received as an offering to some sinus-clearing god out there.
If not, hopefully the Vegan MoFoIron Chef Team will enjoy it anyway.
1. Combine the dried cranberries and orange juice. Let sit for a few hours, until the liquid is absorbed.
2. In a food processor pulse the coconut and pecan into a fine meal. Add the dates and salt and pulse to combined.
3. Press the crust into two small tart pans.
4. In a food processor combine the soaked cranberries, cinnamon and coconut milk. Blend until smooth. Spoon the filling into the prepared tart crust.
5. Garnish with more dried cranberries and coconut. If you happen to be out of dried cranberries and coconut add a dried pear chip instead!