I’ll be serving up awesome dishes from the menu of my imaginary vegan B&B all month long.
“Put the lime in the coconut… you’ll feel better”
Good morning my loves!
Inspired by a classic earworm I wanted to send you off with a treat that will stay with you all day. Something small, but satiating. The rich coconut base of these macaroons is beautifully balanced by the refreshing hint of lime.
I’ll make up a little package for your afternoon snack. Try to find a sunny spot where with each bite you can close your eyes and imagine the waves crashing upon a sun-bleached beach.
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut or cashew butter
- 1 TBSP lime zest
- 1 1/2 cup cashews, blend into flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to portion out approximately 1 1/2 TBSP of batter per macaroon onto a dehydrator tray.
- Dehydrate for 8-10 hours until firm on the outside but still chewy on the inside.
- Store in the fridge or freezer in an air-tight container.
© Copyright 2011 Vegan Lisa. All rights reserved
p.s. I’m home! Can’t wait to catch up on all the Vegan MoFo magnificence.