I’ll be serving up awesome dishes from the menu of my imaginary vegan B&B all month long.
We’re already five days into the glorious Vegan Month of Food. I know you’ve got a lot of blogs to catch up on this morning, let me bring you breakfast in bed, so you can stay focused on coming up with witty comments to encourage your friends in their delicious pursuits.
I thought I’d make you something special today to celebrate the end of another busy week.
A rich maca-infused pancake platter, topped with your favourite, blueberries! I have a lovely jar of organic maple syrup for you to drizzle on top. Would you like some ginger tea? I love a little maple syrup in my ginger tea – it makes me feel happy & Canadian.
- 1/2 cup walnut, soaked 4 hours
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked 4 hours
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup date paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 TBSP maca powder
- 2 TBSP flax meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Blend all of the ingredients together, except the flax, until smooth.
- Add the flax and pulse to combine.
- Spread evenly on a Teflex-lined dehydrator tray.
- Dehydrate at 115F for 10 hours. Flip over onto another Telfex-lined tray and continue to dehydrate for 2 hours until dry but very pliable.
- Cut out pancake shapes with a large cookie cutter or by tracing a large jar lid with a pairing knife.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup or store in the refrigerator for a delicious afternoon snack.
© Copyright 2011 Vegan Lisa. All rights reserved
I’ll leave you alone with your pancakes and posts.
p.s. I’m leaving Paris on Sunday so the next time we chat I’ll be in Zurich. I promise there will be photos of picnics by the Eiffel Tower and champagne fuelled stories in the future.